A wonderfully tasty fish dish, this recipe will make your mouth water at the thought of having a delicious, soft and creamy piece of fish pass your lips and delight your tongue.
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
2 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter, divided
½ cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
454g/1 pound walleye fillets, skinned and cut crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces
1 tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ cup fish or chicken bone broth
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half, for garnish
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cream and basil until the basil is completely broken down.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. In a hot skillet, melt the ghee, then add the onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste. Add the broth and basil cream to the skillet with the fish. Cook for 7 minutes, uncovered, or until the fish is cooked through and beginning to flake.
- Remove the fish from the pan and continue to boil the sauce for 10 minutes, or until it has thickened to your liking.
- Place the fish on a serving platter, top with the sauce, and garnish with fresh basil and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat until thoroughly warmed.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories181
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4%
- Sodium 528mg 22%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.4g
- Protein 8.7g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.