Try this unique tasting salad, made from a full taste goat’s cheese. Not for everyone, but everyone should try at least once. It may be a pleasant surprise.
227g/½ pound bacon, diced
1 (227g/8 oz) log fresh goat cheese
½ cup pork dust (or pork rinds crushed into a powder)
3 tbsp plus 2 tsp coconut vinegar or red wine vinegar
3 tbsp avocado oil, MCT oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 drops stevia glycerite (optional)
4 cups leafy greens
½ avocado, sliced (optional)
½ cup raw walnuts, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the diced bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon to a bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Meanwhile, cut the goat cheese log into 8 14-inch-thick medallions. In a shallow bowl, combine the pork dust and the soy sauce. Roll each goat cheese medallion gently in the pork dust to coat the medallions.
- Fry the medallions in batches in the hot skillet with the bacon drippings for 1 minute, or until golden brown, then flip and fry for another minute. Remove the medallions from the skillet and
place them on a plate to cool.
- Stir together the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, pepper, and stevia, if using, in a skillet. Incorporate the cooked bacon.
- On a serving platter, arrange the greens and avocado slices, if using, and top with the fried goat cheese medallions. Drizzle the bacon vinaigrette over the greens and, if desired, garnish with walnuts and freshly ground pepper.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories433
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7.1g 36%
- Sodium 1010mg 43%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 14.5g 29%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.