Confusing is the taste and texture of the humble potato, but you know it’s not really a potato!
2 cups chicken bone broth
1 medium head cauliflower, Florets cut into bite- sized pieces
1 tbsp dried chives, plus extra for garnish
1 clove garlic, minced
60g (2 oz) cream cheese (¼ cup), softened
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar or grated Parmesan cheese
Fine sea salt and ground black pepper Unsalted butter, for serving
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with broth. Use enough broth to cover the bottom of the pan by 1/2 inches. Bring the broth to a boil, then add the cauliflower, chives, and garlic to the pan and cover with a tight-fitting lid. 6 to 8 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Drain thoroughly. Pat it dry with several layers of paper towels.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, puree the cauliflower. Puree the cheeses until completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and top with butter pats and chives.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for a few minutes over medium heat, or until warmed through.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories47
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10%
- Sodium 272mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 0.8g
- Protein 1.8g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.