One of the most important staples in the recipe book for any serious Keto dieter, this zero carb fried rice not only ticks the boxes for sticking within the keto diet guidelines, but also tastes quite good. And we love it!
8 large eggs
½ cup coconut milk
2 tbsp beef bone broth
½ tsp wheat-free tamari, or 2 tsp coconut aminos
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
3 strips bacon, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup diced onions
Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Whisk in the coconut milk, broth, tamari, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon but leave the fat in the pan. Sauté the garlic and onions for about 2 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook until it thickens and small curds form, scraping the bottom of the pan and whisking constantly to prevent large curds from forming. This will take approximately 7 minutes. Incorporate the reserved bacon.
- Arrange the “rice” on a platter. Serve garnished with scallions.
- Recipe Notes
If the “rice” produces too much liquid, soak it up with a paper towel before serving.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories314
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11.9g 60%
- Sodium 1200mg 50%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 2.6g
- Protein 22g 44%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.