Variety, they say, is the spice of life. And there’s more than one way to make guilt free and Keto friendly rice. This time, it’s with cauliflower. And yes, it’s gorgeous. Make some and you’ll feel the same way as we do about it.
2 cups cauliflower florets (about 680g/ 1½ pounds)
2 tbsp coconut oil
¹⁄3 cup chopped onions (about 1 small)
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste or minced
2¼ tsp wheat-free tamari, or 3 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp fish sauce
¹⁄8 tsp fine sea salt
¹⁄8 tsp ground black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp chopped scallions, for garnish
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice grains. In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Sauté the onions for 1 minute, or until softened. Sauté for another minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Combine the riced cauliflower, tamari, fish sauce, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, on medium heat. Stir in the egg for about 3 minutes, or until it is completely set. Garnish with scallions and serve. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- To reheat, heat for about 2 minutes in a lightly greased sauté pan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories1406
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 14.4g 72%
- Sodium 1632mg 68%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 44g
- Protein 61.7g 124%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.