A bit cheesy, we think you’ll love this twist on gratin.
2 strips bacon, diced
¼ cup sliced onions
1 medium zucchini
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
¼ cup chopped leeks, divided
¼ cup small cherry tomatoes, cut in half Fresh dill or thyme, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Place the diced bacon in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until the bacon is cooked through and the onions are caramelized a little, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini into ⅛-inch-thick rounds.
- Place a layer of zucchini over the onions and bacon in the skillet. (Reserve a few pieces of bacon for garnish, if desired.) Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the leeks, if using, over the zucchini layer. Add another layer of zucchini and top with the remaining Parmesan, remaining leeks, and the tomatoes.
- Bake the skillet for 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and crispy around the edges and the tomatoes shrivel and caramelise. You could even finish by broiling the pan to crisp up the cheese. Garnish with fresh dill or thyme and serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for a few minutes, or until warmed through, in a greased skillet over medium heat.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories726
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 22%
- Sodium 631mg 27%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.9g
- Protein 29.6g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.