We love soup. And we think we’ve found a soup that will warm both your body and soul. A full chicken flavor with tones of kale, garlic, mushroom and a bit of bacon, will nourish you and make you feel full and loved. Try it. We think you will love it!
1 tbsp avocado oil
½ cup chopped onions (about 1 medium)
227g (8oz) mushrooms, sliced
3 strips bacon, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
454g/ 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 tsp crushed red pepper
½ tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
10 cups chicken bone broth
1 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch dice
57g (2oz) fresh kale, stems removed, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces (about 1 cup)
1 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk if dairy-free)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook until the onions, mushrooms, and bacon are slightly crisp, about 3 minutes. Cook for 3 minutes more, or until the garlic is fragrant. Combine the sausage, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Sauté, breaking up the sausage with a spatula, for about 4 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through. Stir in the broth, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Bring the water to a boil.
- Cook for 8 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender, in the pot with the zucchini. Allow the kale to wilt slightly for about 2 minutes after adding it to the pan. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and stir in the heavy cream until thoroughly combined.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese per bowl. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Place in a saucepan over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes to reheat.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories305
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Sodium 418mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 4.8g
- Protein 18.1g 37%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.