Who doesn’t like some bacon? If you like bacon, you will love it after eating this. Another appetizer suitable for a solo run, or to be shared at your dinner party.
36 jalapeño peppers
1 (227g/8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
1 tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, chives, or other herbs of choice
18 strips bacon
½ batch The Best Blue Cheese
Dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Remove the stems from the jalapenos and cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the insides of the peppers and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl. If using, stir in the herbs. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture using a butter knife.
- Cut the bacon strips crosswise in half, then wrap one half strip around each stuffed pepper and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake the poppers for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked, on a rimmed baking sheet. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Although these are best served fresh, any leftover poppers and dressing can be refrigerated in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days. Reheat the poppers in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F until thoroughly warmed.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories635
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 1%
- Sodium 867mg 37%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 19.6g
- Protein 28.7g 58%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.