Bacon! Only made better when combined with something like a portobello mushroom. We think that you will love this amazing appetizer!
6 large baby portobello (aka cremini) mushrooms, about 3 inches in diameter
113g (4oz) cream cheese (½ cup), softened
½ tsp fine sea salt
3 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
60g (2oz) blue cheese, crumbled
6 strips bacon, cut in half lengthwise
½ batch The Best Blue Cheese Dressing (store-bought), for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the mushrooms’ stems and finely chop them (I use a food chopper for this task). In a small bowl, combine the chopped stems. Combine the softened cream cheese, salt, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Taste and adjust with more hot sauce if necessary.
- Place the mushroom caps, cavity side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stuff the mushroom caps with the cream cheese mixture. Crumble the blue cheese over the filling.
- Wrap two bacon halves around each mushroom cap, forming a cross, and secure with a toothpick; otherwise, the bacon will curl up as it cooks.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for 10 minutes, or until the bacon is done to your preference. Serve with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat for 4 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 200°C/400°F oven, or until the bacon is crisp and the mushrooms are warm.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories137
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.9g 25%
- Sodium 249mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 2.3g
- Protein 5.3g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.