Chiken Nachos loaded with the best and most flavorsome extras. Just add a dinner party to enjoy!
- FOR THE CHIPS
2 cups grated hard cheese, such as Parmesan, Asiago, or aged Gouda (about 227g/ 8 oz)
- FOR THE FILLING
3 tsp avocado oil, divided
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cups diced leftover chicken or turkey
4 tsp lime juice
¼ tsp ground cumin
⅛ tsp fine sea salt
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- FOR THE OPTIONAL GARNISH
Sliced jalapeño peppers
Finely diced onions
Lime wedges or slices
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make the chips:
Drop 1 tbsp of the cheese onto the parchment and spread with your fingers to form a circle, using a 2 1/2-inch jar lid or round cookie cutter as a guide. Place the cheese circles about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the rounds are lightly browned and bubbly. Allow to cool on the pan; as they cool, they will crisp up. Place the chips on a serving platter after removing them from the parchment paper.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 1/2 tsp of the oil. Sauté the bell peppers for 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender; transfer to a small bowl.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper while the peppers are cooking. Layer half of the peppers, half of the chicken, and half of the cheddar cheese in a greased 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Layers should be repeated. Bake for 10 minutes, uncovered, or until heated through. Transfer the nacho mixture from the baking dish to the chips on the
serving platter with a spatula. If desired, top with guacamole, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, finely diced onions, and lime wedges or slices.
- These nachos are best served fresh, but extra filling and chips can be refrigerated in separate airtight containers for up to 4 days. Reheat the filling in a baking dish for 4 minutes, or until warmed through, in a preheated 190°C/375°F oven.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories944
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 34%
- Sodium 57mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 6.7g
- Protein 45.9g 92%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.