There’s nothing quite like a fondue to get the part started, and we think we have the best one you can enjoy with your dinner party!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup beef or chicken bone broth
30g (2 oz) cream cheese (¼ cup)
4½ cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 545g/1.2 pounds)
½ tsp fine sea salt
- DIPPING IDEAS:
1 batch cooked meatballs
3 cheddar sausages
Keto Buns, cut into ½-inch cubes and toasted
2 cups button mushrooms
2 cups black olives, pitted
1 cup celery sticks, about 3 inches long
½ cup cherry tomatoes
- Cook the butter in a large saucepan over high heat for about 5 minutes, whisking constantly. The butter will begin to foam and sizzle. When you see brown (but not black!) flecks, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the broth, cream cheese, and shredded cheese to the pan with the browned butter while whisking. Heat briefly, just until the cheese is mostly melted. Season with salt to taste.
- Take the pan off the heat. Blend the fondue with an immersion blender or a countertop blender until very smooth. Pour into a fondue pot and serve with your favourite dippers.
- Refrigerate any leftover fondue in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat over low heat in the fondue pot until the cheese is loose and warmed through.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories571
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 14.7g 74%
- Sodium 496mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 39.2g
- Protein 8.8g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.