A sweet and tangy tasting dish which compliments chicken so well. It’s almost as if chickens were brought into the world for this sauce alone. We absolutely love this particular recipe because of it’s delicious taste which is not overbearing, but just right. We think you will love the recipe as well, so please do try it when you get a chance.
2 tbsp coconut oil
32oz (2lbs) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
½ tsp fine sea salt
½ cup chicken bone broth
⅓ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp wheat-free tamari, or ⅓ cup coconut aminos
1 tbsp coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
¾ tsp crushed red pepper
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
¼ tsp grated fresh ginger Scallions, sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
Sesame seeds, for garnish
1 batch Zero-Carb Fried “Rice”
- In a wok or large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Using a paper towel, pat the chicken dry. Season generously with salt on all sides.
- Place the chicken in the wok and stir-fry until golden brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Set aside after removing from the wok. Whisk together the broth, sweetener, tomato sauce, tamari, vinegar, crushed red pepper, garlic, and ginger in a wok. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until reduced and thickened.
- Return the chicken to the wok and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is thoroughly warmed. Serve with fried rice and garnished with scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. To reheat, heat for about 5 minutes in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories504
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10.5g 53%
- Sodium 756mg 32%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 20.8g
- Protein 67.6g 136%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.