Ahhh, soup. Gorgeous cheeseburger soup. You wouldn’t think it, but it does actually taste amazing. Try this off-the-wall recipe and see if it tickles your taste buds in a loving way as it did ours.
4 strips bacon, diced
2 tbsp unsalted butter, ghee, or lard
½ cup diced onions
454g/ 1 pound ground beef or
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
120g (4 oz) cream cheese (½ cup), softened
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
3 cups beef bone broth
- FOR THE GARNISH
Diced cherry tomatoes
Sliced green onions
Sliced dill pickles
- In a soup pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove the bacon and set it aside for garnish. Allow the drippings to remain in the pot.
- Sauté the onions and butter in the pot for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper, and cook, crumbling the meat, until it is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and broth until smooth. Fill the soup pot halfway with the mixture. Heat for 5 minutes, or until the soup is warm, but do not allow it to boil.
- Divide the soup among four serving bowls and top with diced cherry tomatoes, sliced green onions, shredded cheese, and reserved bacon. On the side, serve with dill pickle slices.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for a few minutes over medium heat, or until warmed through.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories409
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
- Sodium 1482mg 62%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 27.6g 56%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.