I know you will love this dish! And so will your family and friends when they try your cooking. Chicken is one of the most versatile ingredients. It’s enjoyed all over the world. But we think this is probably the best way to enjoy a delicious chicken meal. When it’s cooked like this, you will want to keep doing it this way. Why not give it a go and see why we love it so much!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the sausage is seared on both sides. Remove the sausage to a plate and set aside, leaving the drippings in the pot.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and season generously with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high, then add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until seared. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside, leaving the drippings in the pot.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the pot for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until the onion is translucent, with the cherry peppers, bell pepper, and onion. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, oregano, remaining 12 tsp salt, and 14 tsp black pepper until well combined.
- On top of the vegetables, place the chicken and sausage. Place the Dutch oven in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, uncovered, or until the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with basil and parsley before serving.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes to reheat.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories603
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32%
- Sodium 1601mg 67%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 11.3g
- Protein 31.9g 64%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.