Is it a Mini Lasagne? No, but it sure tastes good and cheesy and loaded with beef, and we know you’ll love it. Not too many ingredients, and doesn’t take too long to make.
2 tbsp MCT oil, avocado oil, or lard
¼ cup diced onions
227g (½lb) ground beef
2 cups fresh spinach
½ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 large eggs
Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, heat the oil. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes, or until the onions are softand light brown.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the ground beef. Brown the meat, crumbling it with a spoon, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Cook for another minute, or until the spinach is wilted, with the spinach, salt, and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs in the centre of a skillet over medium heat. Serve hot, topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- This dish is best served immediately, but leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a baking dish for 5 minutes in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories424
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6%
- Sodium 489mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.5g
- Protein 21.4g 43%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.