Try this Meatloaf with a twist – of cheese! Interesting fusion of two favourites, but leaving out the chicken. We find it tastes amazing. We are sure you will find that too!
1 hour 15 minutes
907g (2lbs) ground beef
2 large eggs, beaten
1 small onion, chopped
½ cup chopped mushrooms
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
113g (4oz) thinly sliced cooked ham
113g (4oz) thinly sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Combine the ground beef, beaten eggs, onion, mushrooms, and Parmesan cheese in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Combine the garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Dump the meat mixture onto a large piece of waxed paper on a work surface. Form the mixture into a 9-inch wide, 1/2-inch-thick rectangle
- Place the ham slices on top of the flattened meat, then top with the provolone slices. Roll the flattened meat into a log by picking up the edge of the waxed paper.
- Remove the waxed paper, press the seam, and ends of the loaf to seal it, and place it in a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan. 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the meatloaf is no longer pink on the inside.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a baking dish for 5 minutes in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories282
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 4%
- Sodium 405mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 3.3g
- Protein 24.6g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.