Chicken and Gravy. What could taste better? Shredded Amish Chicken and Gravy! Try this easy recipe for a taste that will make you long for more.
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup chicken bone broth
1 (8oz/227g) package cream cheese
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp ground black pepper
Fresh herbs of choice, such as thyme, for garnish
Melted ghee or unsalted butter, for drizzling
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
1 batch Mashed Fauxtatoes
6 Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits, split in half
1 batch Cauliflower Rice
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, place the chicken thighs. In a blender, puree the broth, cream cheese, poultry seasoning, and pepper until smooth. Fill the slow cooker halfway with the blended mixture. Cook for 6 hours on low, or until the chicken falls apart easily. With two forks, shred the meat and stir it into the gravy. If desired, season with salt.
- Serve the chicken with the slow cooker gravy over mashed potatoes, biscuits, or cauliflower rice. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs and a drizzle of melted ghee.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a baking dish for 5 minutes in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
- RECIPE NOTES
If you are lactose intolerant, serve the chicken over cauliflower rice or make the dairy-free biscuits. Serve with fauxtatoes or cauliflower rice if nut-free or egg-free.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories217
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 12%
- Sodium 227mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 18.2g
- Protein 4.4g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.