The best fries ever! Try this amazing recipe to bring your fries to the next level. You could also impress your friends with these finger and lip licking fries.
2 large eggs
1 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced into ¼-inch- thick fries
Coconut oil, for frying
Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing, The Best Blue Cheese Dressing, or pizza sauce, for serving
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, place the Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the portobello fries into the eggs, then dredge in the Parmesan, coating each fry thoroughly with your hands.
- Fill a 4-inch-deep (or deeper) cast-iron skillet with coconut oil until it is about 112 inches deep. The oil should be heated to 180°C/350°F. Fry the steak fries in two batches for 5 minutes each, or until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Arrange the fries on a platter to serve. Serve with your favourite keto dipping sauce. These fries are best served fresh, but any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat the fries, place them on a rimmed baking sheet and broil them for 3 minutes, or until crispy.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories424
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6%
- Sodium 489mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.5g
- Protein 21.4g 43%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.